Sunday, February 9, 2014

The girliest bedroom I will ever have!

So, when I was younger, I was totally a tomboy!  You couldn't buy me a pair of shoes from the girls' department, I loved sweatshirts and short hair, and the only jewelry I wore were pins I collected from trips.  Luckily, I have since grown out of that phase.

When I moved into an apartment two years ago, I decided I was going to have as girly room as I could stand.  Well, I think I did a pretty good job!  I loved this room and all of the fun details in it!
While visiting a friend in Washington, D.C., I came across the quilt at an antique store!  At one point in time, I thought I was going to teach myself to sew and when that didn't pan out, I had lots of leftover scraps of beautiful fabric which I made the cool hanging guy above my bed. 

The furniture has been around since I was just a baby! And it has survived more moves than I can count on my hands!

The art is a set of three mini paintings I picked up in Nice, France and had framed in the chunkiest frames I could find :)


I have since moved out of this awesomely feminine room..... and looking for inspiration for my new room!  Hopefully it won't take two years to complete :)

No comments:

Post a Comment