Tuesday, December 3, 2013

High Point Market Highlights: Beautiful Bedroom Vignettes

Bedrooms are one of my favorite rooms to design; they can be so cozy and warm, yet strikingly stylish.  As I get ready to redesign my own bedroom, I found myself stopping and admiring more bedroom vignettes at High Point Market this year.  Here are a few of my favorite bedroom scenes with little notes on what make them so special. 

Neutral with a pop of color - this is a great schematic for someone who likes to change up their bedding regularly.  When the larger items are neutral, it's easy to add a splash of color in pillows and accessories. 

Layers - the beautiful floor screen behind the headboard frames the bed beautifully. 

Upholstered headboards can be neutral..... or be wildly colorful and completely set the tone for the entire room.

Navy is the new orange and I am thrilled! The color can do so much - be regal and traditional or be fun and energetic.

Elegant, sophisticated, timeless. 

I love this cozy look and layers of finishes and patterns. The dark colors and rich textures combine to make a space that makes me want to curl up and nap!

This dramatic headboard is beautiful.... yet simple and chic. 

Pastels are on their way back and this room was one of the calmest at Market. 

More Navy!  I love this chic look. Simple lines and a great mixture of shapes and textures: Tufted crushed velvet, silky smooth linens, aged leather, and casual linen.

I have always loved four-poster beds and Hickory Chair took a traditional four-poster bed and made a statement piece out of it.

See a trend here! More navy :) 

The acrylic legs on this bench and the curvature of the headboard = Stunning!


1 comment:

  1. Well, you certainly have a great bunch of ideas from which to choose for your new bedroom. Looking forward to seeing it without the stage!
    Love,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete