Thursday, September 19, 2013

How To - Set a Pretty Table

After working on several models, it became apparent that the dining table and the things on it, were going to be quite a focal point of each space.  Instead of purchasing sets, I decided I would coordinate items found all around town.  Selecting a color palette and style for each space, I went hunting and found beautiful pieces to mix and match to create a lovely tablescape.

I know laundry is a pain, but having nice linens on your table is a way to really amp up your look. Fabrics are getting more and more beautiful by the day and sets of napkins are a great way to add color and pattern to a table.

There were three main goals while setting these tables:
1. They need to be beautiful.
2. Make them easy to recreate should anything happen and they need to be moved.
3. Less is more - instead of overloading the tables, I would group a few nice items together.
This setting had 5 main pieces that all came together to create a simple yet elegant look;
1. A burlap table runner begins the setting with texture.
2. Simple chargers create a frames for the....
3. Stunning patterned plates.
4. The teal hemstitch napkins bring out the color in the plates while the...
5. Seashell napkin rings add another texture and lighten up the overall look.

I already have quite a collection of dishware.... I have a feeling it's only going to get worse from here :)



1 comment:

  1. I love the look of not matchey matchey but have never been brave enough to try it my self. These are really beautiful!
    Love,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete