Tuesday, October 16, 2012

You know it’s going to be a good day when….

I am an avid fan of Pinterest. In fact I’m going to pin this blog. Anyways, I knew it was going to be a good day when Erika said. “Hey I need you to make this paint chip art thing from Pinterest.”

I’m going to be honest, I’m not always a fan of DIY crafty things. There are good crafts and there are bad crafts. I mean does everyone remember those 90’s needle accented sweatshirts and vests?…YICKS!

Anyways, this one was awesome, easy to make, a lot of fun to do, and paint chip art is very popular right now.

Basically, you cut out paint chips in circle. I used a punch, because I am definitely not coordinated enough to cut out a perfect circle a hundred something times. Then, you glue them in lines on foam core, overlapping each line a little bit so you don’t have any white spaces. Now I used that double stick tape that comes in a roll like white out (which is super cool p.s.) so that there was not as much of a mess.

FINISHED!!!!
And TA-DA you have an awesome piece to frame and put in any room that needs a bit of fun and color. This piece for instance is going to go into a little kids room! Don’t worry we’ll post pictures of the final install.

 - Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment